Applications to the Cancer Biology Graduate Program are accepted for the Fall term only. The application period is November-January. As admission to the Cancer Biology Graduate Program is highly competitive, all application materials must be received by January 15 to be considered for preferred admission for the next fall term. The recruiting committee for the Cancer Biology Program will select applications based on the following criteria for deliberation and consideration for admission. Competitive applicants will be invited to interview beginning in mid-January. When completing your application consider the following:
- Statement of Purpose - Why are you interested in the Cancer Biology Graduate Program at the Wayne State University/Karmanos Cancer Institute?
- Detailed Research Statement - Include your prior research experience and relevant published abstracts and/or research articles, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume - Provide a professional document that summarizes your prior academic and research experience.
- Official Transcripts - Transcripts from all post-secondary education are required. Transcripts in languages other than English must be provided with a corresponding transcript translated into English.
- Foreign Applicants - Applicants who have not received their bachelor's (or master's) degrees from a country where English is the official language must provide official TOEFL scores (Min. 100 total). WSU institution code is 1898.
- GRE - Official GRE Scores (GRE Scores are required for all students, with no exceptions). Institution code is 1898. Subject test is not required.
- Letters of Recommendation - Three (3) signed letters on institutional letterhead are required. If you have research experience, recommendations from previous research mentors, with details about the projects on which you worked, work experience, etc. are highly recommended.
All students must meet all of the above requirements, in addition to the requirements of the university. Domestic candidates are typically given priority for admission. Please do not directly contact individual faculty members for admission.
All students must follow online application procedures.